Experiments in Tangible Geometry... & other things
Saturday, June 03, 2006
      ( 9:20 AM ) Jayme  
busybusybusybusybusybusybusybusybusy.

quick posting before work.

this is a well-written piece. definitely needed to be said. i tend to go back and forth in my spinning between yarns that are fun to make and yarns i'd actually knit up.

haven't been blogging because i haven't been doing much. i did finish my sockapaloooza socks and finally sent them to kathy. thank goodness she likes them! i got my socks a while ago (while i was knitting my sock pal's socks!) from a blogless rebecca. all photos here.

have slowly but surely been spinning some handpaintedyarn.com merino roving that was gifted to me. i think i'll aim for a soft fingering weight. the last time i had their merino roving, i spun up a 2-ply worsted weight.

chauntel mentioned a knitting slump recently. i'm sort of the same, but it's more like a lack of inspiration. i haven't seen or found anything i've really, really wanted to make. i do have a mimi verylong on the needles, using some pretty cotton that was an impulse buy from village spinning and weaving. i love how it's looking. it'll be good bank knitting. i finished one thuja sock for a friend. there's no deadline for that, thankfully. that's really it.

now back to being busybusybusybusybusybusybusybusybusy. tomorrow's my day off, but i'm going to spend it driving to san diego. driving up the next day to go to work. the fun never stops here, nopenopenope.
#

|


Comments: Post a Comment



I do my thing and you do your thing
I am not in this world to
live up to your expectations,
and you are not in this world to
live up to mine.
You are you
and I am I
and if by chance we find each other,
it's beautiful.
-- Fritz Perls, "Gestalt Prayer"



e-mail me: chiquitadequeso (at) gmail (dot) com

The WeatherPixie


Links


Spinning Links
Informative:

I Can Spin
Selecting a Spinning Wheel
The Joy of Handspinning
Spinning and Dying at Knitting-and.com
Fiber Arts Bloggers
Spindlers
Grafton Fibers
Selecting a Spinning Wheel

Presents?
Amazon Wishlist
Laceweight Combination SpinDizzy
Totally Tubular Spinning Kit
Bossies!
Lendrum Fast Flyer
Ooh, Silk
More Silk
Handpainted Merino
Grafton Fibers
Top Whorl Hatchtown Spindle
Weavettes
Copper Moth -- pretty colors!

archives:





Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com