Experiments in Tangible Geometry... & other things
Monday, January 23, 2006
      ( 2:14 PM ) Jayme  
i should have taken pictures.

haha! two posts in one month!

saturday, my roommate and i went to watch brokeback mountain. so i decided to knit on the trekking sock. today, i was knitting on the same sock at the optometrist's and realized that sometime during the movie i had added a stich. i should have taken a picture of the sock before i ripped it back; it was a really nice increase. didn't even notice it until an inch and a half later.

i'm thinking of knitting, of all things, another hat. just as soon as i find the bell cloche hat pattern from last year's knitting pattern-a-day calendar. depending on the gauge, i might use my one skein of birthday yarn (mountain colors weaver's wool quarters in wildflower). or some handpainted yarn/malabrigo. what i really want to knit is some lace or a sweater. i'd like to knit something from the yarn i have... feh. my secret santa got me two knitpicks samplers, the shadow (lace weight) and dancing? (fingering/sock weight). i had to look it up on the website and i just noticed that they raised the minimum for free shipping to $40. drat.

[note to self: sockapalOOOza/sockapal3za/whatever sign-ups start at 9PM pacific time. i should look it up and see if i want to participate.]

[edit: decided to join sockapalOOOza, over at blue blog alison's. mainly because i like knitting for other people. if it's for me, i get sidetracked by other things.]
#

|


Comments: Post a Comment



I do my thing and you do your thing
I am not in this world to
live up to your expectations,
and you are not in this world to
live up to mine.
You are you
and I am I
and if by chance we find each other,
it's beautiful.
-- Fritz Perls, "Gestalt Prayer"



e-mail me: chiquitadequeso (at) gmail (dot) com

The WeatherPixie


Links


Spinning Links
Informative:

I Can Spin
Selecting a Spinning Wheel
The Joy of Handspinning
Spinning and Dying at Knitting-and.com
Fiber Arts Bloggers
Spindlers
Grafton Fibers
Selecting a Spinning Wheel

Presents?
Amazon Wishlist
Laceweight Combination SpinDizzy
Totally Tubular Spinning Kit
Bossies!
Lendrum Fast Flyer
Ooh, Silk
More Silk
Handpainted Merino
Grafton Fibers
Top Whorl Hatchtown Spindle
Weavettes
Copper Moth -- pretty colors!

archives:





Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com